We are pleased to announce that the Government has confirmed that Phase 2 can commence under the Irish Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business.
Tennis Ireland has been in discussion with the newly formed Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport Covid-19 Expert Group, which is made up of officials from the Department, Sport Ireland, representatives from the sporting sector and medical experts.
A few the protocols in Phase 1 have been relaxed in this new Phase of reopening namely,
· Toilets can reopen for players, subject to appropriate cleaning protocols being in place and a one in / one out system to be in operation
· Members can travel up to 20km from their home in this phase
· Juniors / U18’s casual play only under supervision of an adult.
· Coaches can utilise 2 courts with 2 players on each court subject to social distancing measures being in place. For Red Ball activities, 4 players can play on one court provided that two red courts are marked out, one on either side of the net, subject to social distancing.
We understand that Members will be disappointed that there is not a return to doubles play (except involving pairings from the same household) in Phase 2.
We are pleased however that Members residing within 20km can return to playing and look forward to welcoming you to the Club.
We are also pleased that organised Coaching can resume. Daniele Mancia, our Tennis Coordinator, will be in touch with Parents to arrange for the resumption of Junior Coaching Programmes.
We are conscious that there will be increased pressure on court availability as more Members return to play and Junior Coaching resumes (due to social distancing a Junior Coaching session will require more courts). We have tried to be fair in reserving courts between Member booking and Junior Coaching including ensuring that where possible coaching does not occur at times of peak demand.
With such high expected demand and limited courts, we would ask Members to cancel any bookings that will not be used as early as possible so that they can be used by other Members. To date there has been a limited number of ‘no shows’ but going forward it will become an increasing issue. Thus, if you cannot use a court for any reason – please cancel it as early as possible.
We would also like to respectively remind you of the key requirements from the detailed guidance on return to play:
· Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· Have been overseas in the last 14 days
· Have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell
· Live outside a 5km radius of the club
· Unaccompanied junior members under 18 are not permitted during this phase
· Parents or Guardians who are supervising under 18 junior members should register their details on the Balcony in the event contact tracing information is required.
Before You Play:
· All members who have booked a court, must have entered the name of the other member(s) they are playing with in the booking system to aid contact tracing.
· Court booking will be released once a member has used their booking; however, you cannot book multiple courts during this restricted phase.
· Please wait in your car if you arrive at the Club more than 10 minutes before your allocated court time.
· Members are asked to confine their matches to singles matches. Doubles play is permitted where playing partners are from the same household only.
· There will be no access to the clubhouse shower and changing facilities.
· Toilet facilities will be accessible at ground floor level (existing Junior Boys and Girls toilets only).
· All players should bring their own towels and drinks.
· Tennis balls may be purchased from a member of staff on the Balcony. Payment must be made by debit / credit card or by using monies on your CLTC card account.
· To gain access to the tennis courts, please follow the signage that will be in place on the Club premises.
· Please access your court via the nearest access gate.
· Please do not enter the court until the previous players have vacated the area and please allow for social distancing at the access gates.
· Hand sanitisers are located at the entrance to all courts and the stairway leading to the Balcony. Please use the sanitisers before and after play.
· A social distancing waiting area will be located at an Assembly Point directly behind courts 1 & 2. Please remain in this area until your court is available for play.
· It is recommended that each player uses their own set of marked tennis balls. These should be alternated for serving with each player only touching their individual tennis balls. Please sanitise your hands before using the marker.
After You Play:
· Players are asked to vacate the court promptly at the end of their allotted time.
· The tennis shoe cleaning brushes will be taken away from the area underneath the Balcony. Please clean your shoes when you return home.
Club staff will be on hand to assist members and to supervise.
The toilets and access areas will be cleaned in accordance with cleaning protocols issued by Tennis Ireland. There will be no access to other parts of the Club House other than the downstairs access corridor to the toilets.
We are re-circulating the detailed guidance issued on return to play at Phase I and we would ask you to review it again – LINK.
Guidance for players on return to play Phase II- LINK
As a club, we take our role in the community seriously and it is our responsibility to limit the spread of the coronavirus as we continue to reopen our facilities to members on a restricted recreational basis.
We are pleased that Tennis continues to be included as one of the first sports allowed to reopen and take very seriously our responsibility to ensure that the reopening is a success. We also hope that you will continue to play your part in this and respect the guidelines for return to play that apply to you.
Please Stay Safe and Play Safe